CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
CodeIgniter is PHP driven framework but it’s not a PHP substitute. Diving into CodeIgniter doesn?t mean you are leaving PHP behind. PHP is a server-side scripting language for building dynamic web-based applications.
Why you should use CodeIgniter
- If you need a framework with small footprint.
- You need a high performance.
- Need a framework which requires zero configurations.
- Need a framework which don’t use command line.
- Need a framework which doesn’t require adhering to restrictive coding rules.
- To get a simplified code structure.
- Clear Documentation.
- Exceptional performance.