In this post I want to explain php features and use of php. Php is a most popular server side scripting language same as C,C++ and java. PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
Php support oops same as other language like java and c++,Php is a best language for web development. Its provide high level security and features for web development.
PHP scripts can only be interpreted on a server that has PHP installed.
The client computers accessing the PHP scripts require a web browser only. A PHP file contains PHP tags and ends with the extension “.php”.
- PHP is a server side scripting language.
- PHP is an interpreted language, i.e. there is no need for compilation.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- PHP is an open-source scripting language.
- PHP is simple and easy to learn language.
- Easy to learn: PHP is easy to learn and use. For beginner programmers who just started out in web development, PHP is often considered as the best and preferable choice of scripting language to learn.
- Open source: PHP is an open-source project — the language is developed and maintained by a worldwide community of developers who make its source code freely available to download and use. There are no costs associated with using PHP for individual or commercial projects, including future updates.
- Portability: PHP runs on various platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS, etc. and it is compatible with almost all servers used today such Apache, IIS, etc.
- Fast Performance: Scripts written in PHP usually execute faster than those written in other scripting languages like ASP.NET or JSP.
- Vast Community: Since PHP is supported by the worldwide community, finding help or documentation for PHP online is extremely easy.
An introductory example
echo "Hi, I'm a PHP script!";